For those that don’t know, my name is Jackie, and I can’t thank you enough for following my page, and actually reading my blog! I started Lilac and Lip Gloss on a whim in October 2017, and it has been even more fun than I imagined! I am clothes-obsessed, and figured this page would be an excuse to shop (sorry hubby), and something to keep me busy while A napped, and J was at pre-school (people don’t actually sleep when the baby is sleeping, do they?)
As you probably have figured out by now, purple is my absolute favorite color (hence the lilac), and I never leave my house without a dab of lip gloss (it helps me feel like I tried!). Anyway, I thought it was time I properly introduce myself, so here are 10 things you may not know about me:
- Let’s get to the most important part…my measurements (for size reference).
Tops-XS or S depending on brand
Bottoms-0/24, petite or short length if offered
- I met my husband at a bar (yes, it can happen!) and we got engaged a year later and have been married for 8 years. He’s the most supportive, loving husband and best father the kids could ask for.
- Boy momma here of 2 little guys, ages 6 and 2. While neither of them make the best shopping partners, they are the best things that have ever happened to me and I am so happy to be spending this year with the two of them!
- I have been a third grade teacher for 15 years (took a year off after each boy was born).
- I have no sense of smell or taste. I lost those senses permanently in an accident about 10 years ago. Long story short-I was running and got hit by a cyclist and landed on my head (no memory of this). I suffered a traumatic brain injury and took some time to recover but I’m happy to report I am now fully recovered otherwise. Lessons learned: never take anything for granted and you are stronger than you can ever imagine.
- I hate having my picture taken…and rarely post on my personal FB page. Hard to believe from all the posting I do here right, haha?!
- I’m shy until you get to know me. Again, hard to believe right?! One of my favorite quotes that inspired me to just run with this dream blog idea: “Everything you’ve ever wanted, is one step outside of your comfort zone.”
- My sister, Samantha, is helping me from finding the best deals to designing graphics, as well as scheduling and responding to posts while I’m in school. Running a blog is 24/7 and I could never do it without her help.
- When I was younger (think middle and high school) my dream was to open my own boutique for petite women. I am so happy that so many stores offer different sizing options now-a-days. I also went back and forth deciding between fashion merchandising or elementary education for my college major (go UD blue hens!).
- I have never been more inspired than since starting this blog. I have seen firsthand all the good and support that is out there in this world from the private messages I have received, to conversations I have had, and from all of you for following along!